Saturday 27 November 2010

Flatmatters is two years old today!

Today “flatmattersonline” is two years old, a lot has changed in that time, when I first started the blog, I didn’t know of any other flatland blogs, there was only  the global-flat website that I recall, two years on, there are almost ten blogs/websites flatland related that I check daily, and maybe you do to. This is healthy for the sport.
During these two years I hope some of the content has inspired you to go riding, that is the whole reason “flatmattersonline” is here.
Many of you may not know the name flatmatters began ten years ago, and originally appeared at King of Concrete 2000, on a t-shirt design that I collaborated with Adidas with that read “Flatlandmatters” (on the front), @ King of Concrete (on the back) in a Franklin Gothic font, the graphic was inspired by The Guardian newspaper, google it if you are interested.

Ten years on heres the t-shirt, somewhat grubby. 
The name flatmatters originally had two meanings, the obvious, flat is important, the second, discussing topics flatland related, this became more meaningful when Mark Noble at Ride UK asked to start a flatmatters page in his magazine.
As you all know Ride Uk dropped the flatmatters page towards the end of Mark’s reign as the editor, I’m now thankful for Mark’s advice to start something online.  These two years have flown by, and fills a creative outlet that I lost via the magazine, and is so much more than the page. So much so, I can’t imagine going back to just doing a page in a magazine.
I’d like to thank everyone that checks flatmatters regularly, I’m stoked the blog has gone down well for most of you. The process of organising new articles and researching different topics through to a final published article has been a huge motivation for my own personal riding.
Two years and counting, flat does matter.

Thanks for your time!

Effraim 

18 comments:

Chris Carter said...

Flatmatters inspired me to get back in to riding last September and has kept me motivated each day for the past year. It's also encouraged me to do more to support my local scene and help promote the future of flatland.

Thanks Effraim!

Navid said...

Yeah, i appreciate the time and work you put down in Flatmatters! I check it constantly! the topics are hardcore flatland related. keep it up!

Unknown said...

Great work E!!! Congratulations! I failed giving you the bday present but next time, sorry...

Anonymous said...

we all had so much information, videos, photos, topics, interviews its all here, and you keep it alive for two years!!!
thanks Effraim!

bmxism said...

Nice one Effraim. Thanks for all your dedication that goes into this shithot blog.
Safe.

flatmatters said...

Thanks to you all for the kind comments! Pretty stoked to hear that flatmatters got you back into riding Carter, that seems worthwhile just right there.
@ Martti, never to late for a belated birthday present! :)

Mark "Rad Dad" Dandridge said...

Happy Birthday Flatmatter. Effraim your work here is much appreciated. For all the things you do for the Flatland community. In addition Flatmatters has always #1 or #2 for BMX Freestyler Videos loads and plays every week. I am grateful to call you my friend as well.

Rad Dad

A said...

Who runs Ride Magazine now E ?? Noble left never knew that.

flatmatters said...

Thanks Rad dad! Flatland brings great friendship for sure!
@Howard, Ride magazine is run by Factory media, Noble left almost three years ago now,Mark is now doing more and more stuff for Case mag, Steve Bancroft was editing up until this issue, now I hear its Nathan Beddows, and someone else sharing duties.

A said...

Top stuff E makes my day checking out Flatmatters and certainly keeps me up to date on the riding throughout the world,encouraging,motivating,inspiring also topical and variety old and new etc, awesome work Flatmatters has grown into something great always a treat to see,big props mate.

flatmatters said...

Thanks Howard! I appreciate everyones kind words a lot, glad its inspiring people, who reason I started the blog in the first place.

J said...

Nice work over the last 2 years effraim. Happy birthday to flatmatters!

flatmatters said...

Thanks jim! You still riding? Been ages...

J said...

indeed it has. not been feeling it much lately. when are you dropping some flatmatters tees and stickers then?

flatmatters said...

Ah fair enough jim, in the new year, t's and stickers will be out. Prob t shirts first actually.

J said...

sounds good, i'll rock one if you bring some out.

Anonymous said...

thanx dude!

fepaflat.val said...

OTIMO BLOG
SEMPRE ATUALIZADO
RUMO AO TERCEIRO ANO AO QUARTO,QUINTO E POR AI VAI
PARABENS
EDERSON (NENE-BRASIL)